FIELD DIRECTOR JOB OPENING
Oakley for Congress is seeking a Field Director for the 2022 primary and general election cycles. Imani Oakley is the first serious Progressive challenger in New Jersey’s 10th Congressional District (NJ-10). NJ-10 remains the one of the most winnable districts for Progressives this cycle based on local factors, comparisons to other New Jersey Districts, and a strikingly low approval rating in Rep. Payne, Jr.’s own hometown/one of the biggest cities in the district.
Includes but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, and oversee 2021-2022 field plan in consultation with senior campaign team and candidate.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of direct voter contact: e.g., lead voter contact, grassroots engagement, and GOTV efforts that are flexible and in contemplation of the evolving public health situation. Includes but not limited to canvassing, lit drops, phone and text banking, turnout efforts and digital outreach.
- Recruit, train, and manage field staff, volunteers, and interns. Mentor the team on effective volunteer management, data entry, and effective campaign strategies for door-to-door canvassing, phone/text banks, cutting turf, digital canvassing, and other successful field tactics.
- Execute the robust field plan developed for the campaign cycle, covering staffing timelines, win numbers, voter contact goals, training, and ballot chasing.
- Develop specific plan for getting on the ballot, including local committee organizing and petition collection.
- Develop relationships with local grassroots organizers, activists, and other key stakeholder groups and maintain engagement and ongoing contact.
- Manage digital voter contact tools and run a data-driven, targeted program that integrates into broader campaign goals and strategies.
- Set and manage field budget in consultation with the Field Director and Campaign Manager
- Produce regular field progress reports for the senior campaign team.
- Serve as a senior member of the campaign team, participating in broader strategic discussions and participating in senior operations.
- At least two campaign cycles of field experience, three preferred; Experience in New Jersey field and with challenger races is a plus.
- At least one campaign cycle managing staff.
- Strong knowledge of NGP VAN, OpenField, Google Suite, among other software.
- Experience in digital organizing is a plus.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, excellent time management skills, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexibility to work weekends and long hours is required.
- This position is located in-district.
- Applicants must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel.
- Ideal candidate is bilingual and speaks Spanish.
Compensation is commensurate with applicant’s experience in the range of $4,000-$5,000 a month. To apply, please email resume, brief statement of interest, and three professional references to: email@example.com with “Field Director Application” in the subject line.
Oakley for Congress is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.